Tuesday 8 October 2019

Opinions!

By their very nature...there's always an opposite one...or ten! Some are definitely more informed than others...IMHO lol!

Deep into the heart of the prime time MEGA/ Rarity season now...exciting stuff tinged with apprehension. Trying hard not to repeat past thoughts here!

Now I've opened the door on "Twitter"...to an extent, I am (believe it or not) enjoying some of the mild banter between Birders throughout the land, especially regarding Scilly (no surprise there). As it stands I do favour actually being there, although the YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO has moved on/expired (I prefer the former scenario). A long pull of Westerlies blasting across the Atlantic heading for the Fortunate Isles, let's hope they live up to there name this season? Unfortunately there's bucketfuls of rain associated with them! The same damp prospect appears to be in store for Shetland. I've experienced both!! However, fortune favours the brave...and all that.

Had a bit of a blow at weekend when my friend got a bit excited and bit me while I was trying to separate him from next doors Akita...


That's the thanks you get!

A tetanus jab, two syringes of neat Iodine and some plastic surgery has meant the wind has been taken out of my sails...temporarily. I still love him though...I think?!

I have a follow up appointment in the morning, so I'll know more then where I stand regarding the coming days.

I have pals on Shetland (Steve Lawton) and in Cornwall (Trevor Charlton)and I'm trying to send positive waves. Be great to see one of them sooner rather than later , if you get my drift...

......................................................................................

Of local interest today...

A impressive flock of Starlings at Skeffling (c2000) plus cc Marsh Harrier and Buzzard...


3 Stonechats in the ruins at Cliff Farm...



1 comment:

Pam said...

Oh gosh, that looks nasty, I hope it heals well!

Twitter's a funny thing, i've been on it for years and I will always have a love/hate relationship with it!!