Monday 9 September 2019

Cliff Walking

BUT...firstly I decided to try for the White-rumped Sandpiper (again) at Kilnsea Wetlands. Still no luck, not even a Dunlin. However, I did see a nice Stonechat on the way to the hide...


Both South and North today in the Village.

South first. I also checked out the Sycamores at Old Hive but nothing doing... nor anywhere else for that matter. A couple of Med' Gulls on the sea provided some interest. I then decided to have a Seawatch. I gave it an hour. Plenty of Teal (c250) heading South in various sized flocks. Then...a Great Skua (P.119, H.96) drifted slowly but purposefully South past the Canada Buoy (1.8 miles). It's a start!

After lunch I tried North from Seaside Lane. I parked the car by the old garage. I then scanned the hedge heading North closest to the sea. A Whinchat...


...then another...


Three birds...


Further along towards the Runnel, I had another couple, including one on the beach...


FIVE Whinchats! Good going around here. A couple of Wheatears were also present...



A few Terns at the Sewage finished off an excellent day...


Common
Sandwich
I kept scanning for a passing Honey Buzzard or Osprey. Maybe tomorrow?

No comments: