Tuesday 21 May 2019

Texas 19 - Port Aransas

I checked out the two migrant traps before Breakfast. The hoped for "fall" hadn't materialized so nothing new of note was observed...except this chap...


A long time resident apparently.

We toured Mustang Island again ending up at the Southern end for lunch...



This area can be superb on the right day. Today wasn't one of those days...unfortunately!

The street around the corner can be even better, I found out from a couple of local Birders. I did manage to see Black and White, Magnolia and Tennessee Warblers in a brief watch. The birds were fairly distant and in a private garden, so I didn't pursue them. Just as I was leaving the owner of the property came out and started chatting. Turned out he was a Birder and professional photographer from Canada. He'd got lucky and acquired the place for 50% of the asking price!!! He'd already built an enviable list.

It was time to head North back to Galveston. I'd learnt a lot about the area even though my "haul" was slightly disappointing this time. A pair of superb Fulvous Whistling-Ducks bade us farewell...


No comments: