Saturday 3 November 2018

WTE - Hard to lose?

I intended to be at Dane's Dyke for dawn. I didn't hear my alarm but I still arrived just after 7. Unfortunately the EAGLE had decided to have a stretch at 6.45! It apparently only flitted a short distance across the tree tops before dropping out of sight. It was good to know Gavin had connected for his LIFER!

I joined him, Rich Willison, Tim Isherwood and Gary Dayes. Haydn arrived around 8. We waited...and waited...and waited.

Surely the beast couldn't have left the area unnoticed? Well, it had!!!

We gave it till 11, said our goodbyes and headed home. The bird wasn't reported elsewhere during the remainder of the day?

It will be interesting to see if the bird is seen again... and where!

Late afternoon I took Bud to Out Newton. As I pulled up I could see a flock of Swans flying low across the stubble!! They were making a magical noise...


Twelve Whooper Swans making their way South over the peninsula. Special. To finish off my purple patch Bud's agitation turned out to be a Woodcock walking around the track behind the car!

Nice finish.

P.S. I forgot to mention I saw a Hooded Crow at the GGS site yesterday.

No comments: