Saturday 10 November 2018

Autumnal Sunshine

Late start today on yet another wonderful late Autumn day...


Once I'd got my brain in gear I decided to make the walk South through the stubble to see if I could find any Snow Buntings. The walk down produced nothing of note, which was hardly surprising as the sun was in my eyes!

As I started back I started to flush Skylarks. The stubble field is enormous and is now starting to get muddy with the drop in temperatures and increased rainfall. As I reached the brow of Mill Hill I saw 4 birds fly a short distance. There was plenty of white in evidence. Amazingly elusive in the stubble but great views possible with patience.

The next 30 minutes were spent in the company of these four little cuties...




Lovely birds...


Saw a nice Remembrance tribute in With'

No comments: