Friday 19 October 2018

MEGA - points scored!

Phew!!!

We had a great time in York for Louise's 60th celebrations...and the Birding Gods were kind to me...this time! Not that I would have jeopardised the day in any way. I realize how lucky I am.

We spent the afternoon mooching around the centre and visited the Shambles...


...and Betty's...


We also had a drink by the King's Arms down by the river.

The evening was spent at the wonderful Rythre Arms Steak House near Tadcaster...


Chateaubriand
All went smoothly. We stayed over and arrived back this lunchtime.

I had a couple of hours around the Village this afternoon. The weather was lovely. I managed to pick out a Snipe (H.117) coming IOTS as well as 3 Lapwings. Nice. On my way to the Kennels to pick his lordship up I saw my first significant flock of Fieldfares (c100) this Autumn on Snakey Lane. I also saw a small group of Redwings (5) feeding behind a hedge. Further down there was a healthy number of Tree Sparrows (c50).

Still a couple of weeks of anticipation in store. Beware the 23rd!!!!!!

No comments: