Monday 29 October 2018

Deja Vu

Grilled the Village today, hoping for a significant find. It didn't happen but I was pleased with 4 Bramblings (P.174, H.127) which alighted briefly in the churchyard canopy mid-afternoon. A female Blackcap was also present feeding on elderberries. I just managed to squeeze a pic...


A Buzzard also sailed over, very low, giving brilliant views in the afternoon sunshine. As per normal news was coming through of significant finds locally. Arctic Redpolls and a Pallas's Warbler amongst them. Very nice...but I'm at an age now were I want to enjoy my own sightings...however meagre they might be!

A lone Redwing in the cliff paddock...


Finished off with a run down Snakey. Thought the thrush flocks had moved on...until I caught sight of a decent flock in the fading light. They gathered in a distant tree...quite evocative...I thought?


So that was that for today.

I posted a photo on Facebook this morning of a Pallas's Warbler I saw in Easington. It came up as a memory from 2 years ago..

No comments: