Saturday 22 September 2018

Where to go?

The troops have started to mobilize. Teams heading for Shetland and Scilly... and maybe Outer Hebrides.

Due to circumstances I am free until November. I won't be staking a claim this year though. As you know I've gambled before... and by definition... usually LOST! The YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOO dip particularly stung. So near and yet so far!

Scilly would ALWAYS be my choice of destination but I/we can't do everything. I hope to visit again one day.

Good fortune for the chaps arriving on Shetland today as they were greeted with a YELLOW-BREASTED BUNTING. Nice start!

My personal choice is always an American Warbler. If I had to choose one it would be PARULA. Work commitments have cost me this tick (and quite a few more) on more than one occasion. Oh and it's also a stunner.. as most of them are!!

Time will tell...

Back in the real world I managed to find a Stonechat (H.113) at Old Hive this morning...




No comments: