Wednesday 30 May 2018

Another day...and all that

After a late start  gave it an hour at the Turtle Dove site. No sound nor sight today.

Around 2 I made my way back down to Kilnsea. A Savi's Warbler had been heard and occasionally seen. Unfortunately there was no evidence of the bird all afternoon. The Golden Oriole was still present but I didn't see it today. However, I did see quite a few familiar Birders, including Trevor Charlton and Steve Lawton. We caught up on things while forlornly waiting for evidence of the birds.

The weather today was better but the sightings weren't.

Stop press: I returned at 7.45pm and scored with a brief (what else) but conclusive view of the Savi's (P.116, S.85).

...........................................................................................

There's a MEGA in far NE Scotland at the moment, that I haven't seen...yet I'm not going? Prey why...I hear you cry...or not!! It's an ex-Subalpine Warbler that's now called a Moltoni's Warbler. There's been around one record a year since 2009 and who knows before that?! I've aired my personal views on recent splitting before so I won't bore you...again. Personally, I'm certainly not going to invest time, effort and money to travel for this bird. If one appears closer (which it inevitably will) I may go and take a peep...then again I may not. I wouldn't miss or regret it. Congrats to all who travelled and connected.

I have to WANT to go...not NEED to go...

No comments: