Saturday 26 May 2018

A day out at Flamboro'

After a couple of days in London I needed to see something "decent". The adult Rose-coloured Starling was still finding the North landing area to it's liking. As I made my way up St David's Lane I could see a few hopeful birders/photographers waiting outside it's favourite garden....
 
 

 
After around 15 minutes I picked the bird up further down the lane. It was perched on a concrete post not 10yds away. Unfortunately my camera hadn't woke up...
 

 
 
It wasn't to be. I was happy to spend some time in the area and I was confident it would return. I then bumped into Steve Lawton who informed me he'd been there since 6am! We had a good chat while we were waiting for the RCS to return...which it did. I got close views of it on a wire but the pics were rather disappointing...
 

Around an hour later it was posing n a bush, allowing slightly better images...




It was also good to see Simon Slade, a fellow twitcher who I'd met on several occasions over the years including time on Scilly. He told me he was going on the Yorkshire Belle with his wife. I decided to leave around 2 and try for the Dotterel at South landing. I eventually found the site after following two other birders!

The bird was tucked down in the crop out of the wind but eventually it had a stretch...


It was nice to have a change of scenery, see a couple of quality birds and some Birding pals...

No comments: