Friday 23 February 2018

NDC - truncated trip!

I DID go...but not for long. It was cold and damp in the hides and as I'm still trying to shake off the 'flu even I decided it wouldn't be prudent to hang around! A touch of common sense creeping in...at last.

Instead I did a "recky" for a special non-bird related event which is coming shortly. More later.

I made it back through Hull before the madness and made my way down Easington straight to see if I could catch up with a local Whooper sighting. Hazy afternoon sunlight...but I DID...

Whooper Swan (P.53, S.29)
..................................................................................

An adult ROSS'S GULL is teasing admirers along the Dorset coast at the moment. A special bird indeed. My pal Phil made the trip from Cornwall but was unable to find it this afternoon. He's staying overnight and will hopefully connect in the morning.

No comments: