Wednesday 22 November 2017

Texas 17 - Day 13

It was great to finally have a good scout around San Padre Island. Yesterdays rain had gone and it was a glorious day. I left Louise to have a lie in and headed for the Convention centre. I checked out the migrant trap by the waterfall but all I got was Mosquito bites, so I headed for the boardwalk.

This site is good for Rails but they were hiding this morning! I drove north until I saw an access point to the bay. I could see birds by the Laguna but there were many puddles after yesterdays rain, so I stopped at the first. Within 5 minutes my favourite Egret had appeared out of nowhere and landed in the pool not 20 yds away!!

The rest of the day was spent exploring the island. The highlight was definitely my time with this bird early doors. We've got back to Mission late, so in summary...I picked up a few more trip ticks but the day belonged to the Reddish Egret. 'Nuff said...


Trip total 135

Stay tuned...

No comments: