Wednesday 12 July 2017

Time to reflect

After a whirlwind but very enjoyable few days in Italy we've landed back in Holmpton.

I managed to get down to Holderness field to eventually see the Buff-breasted Sandpiper...a Spurn/Patch tick. I bumped into a few of the locals including Richard Boon from the Village. We were joined by John Law who beat us to the first viewing. He kindly put us on the bird from the adjacent pool.

Fortunately the bird fed at the nearest point to the fence we were viewing from. I got a few record shots but I'm too tired to go through them now!

I needed a walk so I returned to the car via Beacon lane. As I was walking up to Driftwood I saw John Hewitt talking to Steve Exley. I informed them the BBS was still present some 15 mins previous. John then kindly invited me up onto his platform for a cuppa.... quite a view! We had a good chat for some 30 mins before I had to leave to pick up the lads from their holiday home.





No comments: