Saturday 15 July 2017

Mid-Summer Madness?

After a crazy but essential week it's time to take stock...



I have a 6 day window of potential opportunity. Will I get some much needed luck?

At least there are birds possible...

BLACK-BROWED ALBATROSS... Germany

The bird has left again recently.

ELEGANT TERN... Northern France

Just across the channel from Kent.

AMUR FALCON... Cornwall

Further rumours of the bird lingering.

I know...super optimistic!!!

Oh...and SWINHOE'S PETREL...Fair Isle

Many twitched this individual in previous summers. I won't be going.

................................

Over the next few days I'll be sorting out stats from my Cyprus and French Pyrenees trips.

I also want to update and synchronize my Spurn list so I can return it to Tim Jones on the spreadsheet he sent me. A new order starts next year. I don't actively chase birds here but I have accumulated a decent total over the past 30 years. RED-EYED VIREO and CLIFF SWALLOW being the most noteworthy. Living close by obviously helps these days but I can't compete with the Kilnsea crew.

I aim to grill Holmpton again this Autumn. It will be tough...but I will persevere...

No comments: