Saturday 27 May 2017

Migration?

Not a classic Spring!!! Dire sums it up.

I realize there's still time...but...it's been poor. Thoughts are now turning to my French Pyrenees trip which starts on June 9th...that's after I get married on the 8th of course! Not a bad place for a honeymoon. If you follow, you'll remember I went last summer with limited success. Still, it's a beautiful place at anytime.

I've been in touch with my contact Charles, who's kindly allowed me to show you his pics. News on the breeding front looks promising. I have info' regarding Eagle Owl (young about to show at the nest)...



Lammergeier (3 nest sites)



and a Wallcreeper nest site.

Quality birds I think you would agree. Other notable species include Egyptian Vulture, Rock Thrush, Alpine Accentor, Citril Finch, Snowfinch and Rock Bunting. I might even see a Black Woodpecker at last and MAYBE a Rock Sparrow?!

By my dubious calculations I reckon there's over 8o species to try and find of which just under half would be new for the area...for me!

.......................................................................................

Locally...I (belatedly) added Coot, Reed and Sedge Warbler down by the canal at Spurn whilst adding a new species to my Patch and Spurn list...Red-crested Pochard...a fine drake of unknown origin, as they say. I also had great views of a Hobby (P.111, H.83) being mobbed by Swallows (a clue) from the car, as I approached the Village.

No comments: