Sunday 28 May 2017

Here and there

It seems migration ISN'T over...as flocks of Red-footed Falcons pass Spurn! Plus an Alpine Swift and Red-rumped Swallow!! Must have been a special morning.

I tried for the Hornsea RFF, leaving home at 5.30 and giving it until 9. No joy. I did have a brief chat with Richard Willison and Gary Dayes. Nice to see them both. 3 distant Hobbies were nice.

Overnight rain forecast with a SE wind. It's the end of May? I'll grill the Village all morning. If I
don't find anything...I'm moving!
........................................................................................

If you remember I was hoping to be in Alaska on this date but my joints won't allow...THIS YEAR! Hopefully, I'll be in a better physical state this time next year? Communication with this years tour is
obviously limited but I did find this post on their Facebook page...

Zugunruhe Tours...May 21st...

"We've been having a pretty successful three-day tour of Adak as a precursor to our trip to Attu. We've seen Eyebrowed Thrush, Hawfinch, Rustic Bunting, White Wagtail, Common Snipe, Arctic and Yellow-billed Loons, and 50+ Brambling. We leave for Attu Sunday night"

Image may contain: plant, tree, sky, bird, outdoor and nature

I've dreamed of making this trip for 17 years and it would be the perfect way to bring up my ABA 700. Everything crossed for next year...that includes a boat being available and a more favourable exchange rate!

Details of the trip are here. I won't bore you with what I "need" now (most things listed) until I've confirmed next year! I would hope to add on a few days around Nome on return to Anchorage. I better get saving.

I can dream lol!

No comments: