Monday 6 February 2017

The Humber...Raptors and Owls!

Spent some time walking the floodbank the last couple of days with Louise and Bud. All helps when trying to lose some of the post Christmas stodge!
 
I've had more views of the PALLID HARRIER but alas all fairly distant. Still, always nice to see  and never taken for granted. The russet shows really well in the winter sun...hints of the face pattern...
 
 
I'm determined to get a closer view...just need some luck. I had that with the SEO's. Always great value.
 
I stumbled on one down at Stone Creek late afternoon on Sunday...
 
 
Love the posture in this shot.
 
This morning we had another long walk along the Humber. The PH was seen yet again but drifted off over the fields...
 
My usual view!
A Barn Owl was hunting in the bright light...
 
 
Then the SEO took centre stage. I see them on almost every visit but again the views are distant. I saw one perched on a bush...
 
Sentinel
We walked further along the bank enjoying the superb weather. The bird was seen on a few occasions quartering the arable fields but then it drifted off. As we returned to the car I noticed it coming towards us along the foreshore. I decided to try something. We all got into the car and I turned it around so my door was facing the bird. It paid off this time...
 
 
As we left the car park things got even better as it landed in a bush right by the road...
 
 

No comments: