Wednesday 25 January 2017

Recently

Got drawn into a great film last night so didn't have time to post, so here's a summary of the last couple of days before graft tomorrow and Friday.
 
Sunrise at Welwick...
 
 
As you can see it was a bit...fresh, so we went for a walk towards Skeffling to warm up. On our return I saw a distant small raptor flying west along the waters edge...
 
Merlin (P.75)
 
Can be a tough bird to "get" so I was pleased with this sighting, even if it was distant and fleeting. We (that's Bud and I) continued West towards Pat Haven. The sun had burnt the last of the mist away and it was a lovely, crisp winter's morning. A male Marsh Harrier drifted by, at distance again unfortunately. Then the main prize which won the distant view award!
 
Pallid HARRIER...she had a better view!
As I was leaving 4 Yellowhammers by the gate were a nice surprise...
 
 
I then made my way to Easington straight to see if any Brents were present. They were...
 
c400
I parked the car and started to scan. The light was superb and it was fun trying to pick out the star bird After a round 20 minutes my eyes started to "go". Just a mass of moving black and white!
 
Eventually I found this striking goose. Below are a few images I hope you enjoy...
 

 
 
 
 
The birds kept feeding and my luck was in as they came nearer and nearer to the road...
 
 
Run out of time! More tomorrow...
 

No comments: