Saturday 7 January 2017

A Start

Spent most of the day locally with Phil, it was good to see him again. We started at dawn at Welwick hoping for the PALLID HARRIER. We gave it till around 11 but had no conclusive sightings. We did have distant views of a ringtail through the mist but it couldn't be confirmed. We did have decent views of a male Marsh Harrier and a Short-eared Owl.
 
After lunch we added a few local species to our Year list including Tree Sparrow. We finished up connecting with a White-fronted Goose on Easington straight.
 
48 species seen.
 
I've been re-visiting my Texas pictures as I thought I'd post a few more of my better efforts. While waiting for the AMAZON KINGFISHER to show I had some great entertainment from a group of Great Kiskadees.
 
Here's one of them...
 
 

No comments: