Tuesday 22 November 2016

Post 60...

After a wonderful weekend with the Family in Bury/Manchester it's time to focus fully on Texas. My treat was to visit the National Football Museum were I bumped into this lot...not a bad team...
 
 
I'm old enough to remember the Final...just!
 
We fly from Manchester on Monday lunchtime and I've been following reports on the various sites. This is an ever changing scene with some birds disappearing and others springing up. Our base will be in the RGV at McAllen but things could change...and usually do! I feel the COMMON CRANE will eventually settle in the Panhandle which could create a dilemma. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it...I haven't told Louise yet!
 
The AMAZON KINGFISHER has thankfully re-appeared in Laredo, so I'm still in with a shout on that one. This will be our destination on Tuesday if it's still around. It looks like the NORTHERN JACANA has moved on from Santa Ana due to the high water levels...bad luck that. Maybe it will return?
 
Still, plenty to go at and a good chance of some new arrivals...
 

No comments: