Wednesday 2 November 2016

Here's to a Waxwing winter...

Waxwing (P.162, S.140)
Just managed to get down to the Warren this morning to view this iconic species. Let's hope there's plenty more to come.
 
It was only there for a few minutes, leaving to the North. It was reported along the Canal Bank but I couldn't find it. I did find this lovely Redwing though...
 
 
I didn't notice it initially but it was totally unconcerned by my presence and carried on feeding on berries.
 
Rough-legged Buzzards! Not again!!
 
Yep. Saw another this morning making it's way up the Humber from the Crown and Anchor...
 
 
Would this be a different bird? Me thinks so...even I can see the difference in the wing-covert colour! So adult below...and above, if Collins is correct as I can't see any buff in the above birds coverts? I could be wrong...of course!
 
 
Not the best granted BUT make the point I think.  I'm sure there'll be lots more pics so I'll leave it there. Great to be fortunate enough to see TWO of these great birds in a few days. Suppose they could both still be around? I'll be having another look tomorrow...
 

No comments: