Tuesday 25 October 2016

RED-FLANKED BLUETAIL

OK...I cracked. Well...it was a Spurn tick (276)!
 
I couldn't make it down till mid-afternoon as the old girls battery needed replacing...the car that is! The car park was full so I parked along the grass verge. I walked around the back of the car only to step on some dead grass covering the ditch. I ended up flat on my back looking at the blue sky. Nobody noticed!? Fools and Horses came to mind.
 
Phil was in the car park having had great views of the bird. I made my way round to the hide were the bird was showing immediately...
 
 
On the way home I detoured via Easington Cemetery to see the Eastern Black Redstart. The light wasn't great but a smart bird indeed...
 
Shame about the twig!
 
An adult male RFB was at the point together with the funny Stonechat. If both are present tomorrow I might walk the walk...
 
Just received this from Phil...
 
 

No comments: