Friday 15 April 2016

Welwick

I'm still trying to tally my lists. Mundane but very important to me. There's a lot of effort and history there and NOW is the perfect time. A nice surprise came when I opened Bubo and found they've updated their ABA list. I like to think my polite e-mail sometime ago had something to do with it...but I doubt it! Anyway my ABA and Texas Bubo lists are now correct and up-to-date. They're accessible by clicking the tab above...if you're having a slow day?
 
ABA - 684
Texas - 451
 
Yesterday morning I made my way down to Welwick for the morning Dog walk/Birding session. It was a lovely day. As I walked up onto the bank I immediately saw a SEO quartering in the distance...
 
 
...with patience and luck I eventually got better views...
 
 
I think I was spotted...
 
 
The breach at Spurn looks somehow more dramatic from afar...
 
 
A distant Marsh Harrier cruised by...
 
 
Further along the path, a Male...
 
 
He passed once more...
 
 
A brief Barn Owl on the way back completed an excellent hour...
 

No comments: