Saturday 9 January 2016

...and another!

I had to take Bud to the Kennels this morning as we've got a night out in York. On the way back I thought I might as well drive the single track roads. It was still very dull and overcast but I'm glad I made the effort. As I rounded a sharp bend I was greeted with this fine sight...


I angled the car and turned the engine off. More good luck, as the bird landed in the hedge...


Always a memorable moment...


Next it was "the runnel". A major drain to the sea from Holmpton. The target was Snow Bunting. As I reached the sea I could see a couple of Geese flying south offshore. I raised my glasses...


White-fronted Geese! Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things BUT a Village Lifer for yours truly. A significant sighting.

I also added Lapwing, Pied Wagtail, Meadow Pipit and Skylark. Hope I'm not using all my luck up too early!

...just had a text off Phil to inform me the Geese didn't materialize at Spurn?

No comments: