Saturday 6 June 2015

Guaranteed Cuckoos!

As stated previously we only moved out here in 2012. There are many aspects of coastal birding that I like although I have to admit I miss sitting in the hide at Duff on occasions. 

The fact that I've been able to view Cuckoos on the canal bank at Spurn EVERY time I've took Buddy down there has been a joy. This morning I was hoping the Bee-eater that had been around might re-appear...it did but only a fly by very early morning and again mid afternoon. 

There were THREE Cuckoos in view simultaneously around 10.30 a fine sight indeed. The wind was strong, meaning the birds were moving swiftly. I had some dubious fun trying to get some decent flight shots...and generally failing.


Over the houses...


Then the bushes...


Over the path...




and finally into the Buckthorn...






No comments: