Saturday 29 November 2014

What a grey day...again!

Hate November...I might have mentioned that before!

Still, got to make the most of the fading light. Late start meant a trip up onto the floodbank at Skeffling. I'd fluked high tide and the bank was free from mud...hence relatively clean dog.

Plenty of activity, with large numbers of waders and wildfowl present. I managed to pick out a pair of Pintail among the Mallards...


The flooded field attracted a few Lapwings. I managed to pick one out with the camera as the sun shone...for around 30 seconds!


The Boss waited reasonably patiently...


Just before I left the car park a group of 8 Twite landed briefly in the nearby bushes. Too quick for me to capture!

After lunch I did the Sunk Island circuit as the gloom closed in once again. Main hope was a Raptor/Owl (as usual) but I certainly didn't expect to see this on a farm barn roof...

Grey Wagtail
Final sighting of note came in the form of this distant Buzzard just before dusk...


Not seeing many Barn Owls yet? Short-eared would be nice...maybe a Hen Harrier...

No comments: