Tuesday 14 October 2014

A decent last couple of hours

Earlies caught up with me as the pager woke me up mid-afternoon with the news of a Rough-legged Buzzard on Beacon lane.  I decided to park on Long Bank so I could scan the area (and give Bud a stretch) as I wasn't sure where the bird or birders were. I gave it 30 minutes, nothing came over the radio, so I decided to have a look in the Crown and Anchor car park.

It was obvious there had been "a fall". Siskins were feeding like mice around my feet...


Goldcrests (P.155) were everywhere, constantly moving through the vegetation...


It seemed like a good decision especially when this gem came briefly into view....

Yellow-browed Warbler
The shine was taken off the decision slightly when I heard Mick Turton announce the RLB had just flown over his head at Easington Cemetry. If I'd remained on Long Bank...I'd have seen it! Still, I'd seen some good stuff. There was also a Hoopoe seen after I left!

I shop at the convenience store (Holmpton). The Hypermarket is down the road!

Finish at 1 tomorrow so I'm hoping for a last good thrash before heading for the South West...

No comments: