Thursday 27 February 2014

Peaceful Sundown

Had a hospital appointment this morning. Great fun with the pay and display system! I just love car parks! Eventually escaped around . I grabbed some lunch and headed back east.

First stop was the Sewage works to look for the Grey Wagtail. Plenty of Pied Wagtails but no luck.

Next a stroll along the cliff. No sign of any Snow Buntings but a big surprise in the form of a Ringed Plover (H.43) in the winter wheat!

There were a few Red-throated Divers fairly close in on the high tide...


Finished off with a very relaxing time down at Kilnsea Wetlands. On the way down I stopped off to have a look at the Swans...



There was no wind and a lovely sunset. Not a soul in sight.

I had a quick initial scan from the car park and thought I saw some Avocets disappearing behind a mudbank? I made my way to the hide. A pair of Little Egrets were obviously feeling amorous and provided great entertainment...

Chase me!


...and then there were Avocets! (P.86) 4 of them...

Firstly in the distance...


Constantly feeding, almost in unison, they started to circle the scrape, at one time coming out of the water...


Then I got lucky...


I'm very fortunate to have such class birds so close to home. I must never take them for granted. I'm old enough to remember when you had to travel many a mile to see these birds.

Also present were 57 Curlew, 6 Oystercatchers and 8 Redshank

Kilnsea Wetlands has a bright future.

Oh, and a Barn Owl on the way back to the car...

17.43

No comments: