Sunday 22 December 2013

Last session before Christmas

Started on the clifftop and found three Snow Buntings. Here's one of them...


Sunk Island loop again. Nothing major but love this Kestrel image...


Then...guess where? Yep, Patrington Haven! Arrived on site around 2.30. Still 30ish birders present. Weather was sunny but very windy...

view over Welwick marsh towards Spurn
Patrington Church
The superstar was in it's usual position out on the rocks...


This impressive anvil was looming in the distance...


Two problems now. Sun about to disappear and fair chance of getting soaked! Never mind, it might blow over...it did! Time passed , no movement. The wind chill factor was kicking in big time by 3.45. Then in it came. I'd set the camera up for some (hopefully) cracking flight shots. I fired away as it flew right over my head. Great stuff! It then landed to feed so I made my departure.

Back at the car I had a quick look at the results.

Disaster. A combination of gloves, then cold hands and of course bad luck had combined to magically transform my settings to ISO 6400!!! This isn't easy to do by mistake...but I managed it.

GUTTED!

I managed a few before the camera thought for itself!


Probably my last view as Christmas looms. Although you never know. Maybe I'll add it to my 2014 list?

No comments: