Tuesday 9 July 2013

Hello old friend

Enjoyed a leisurely day off today. Did a few overdue jobs around the house and garden (a pleasant 21C here) and then headed out for a drive with the four-legged birthday boy...is he really two years old already?

Not much to report. The usual suspects were down in the Kilnsea Wetlands/Beacon Ponds area including this Barn Owl hunting in the early afternoon sunshine...


This Avocet wasn't happy with us walking along the floodbank path...


Great to see this family of Mute Swans...


We came back via Out Newton. I always look for the Little Owl on passing, which I hadn't seen for some time. I certainly didn't expect to see it at 4pm in bright sunshine. I was wrong...

I first picked it up perched on an old fencepost...


Then fortunately, I was allowed a closer look...




No comments: