Sunday 2 June 2013

Quality sighting

Started at Sammy's with the obligatory dog walk. Lovely day.

News came over the radio that a Spoonbill was moving north over the Humber. Unfortunately it eluded yours truly but I did pick up a Peregrine. I decided to give the Thrush Nightingale a miss!!!!

Spent late morning around Kilnsea. Felt quiet and generally was. Just before lunchtime I was walking past Kew when I spotted a couple of birders looking interested. I joined them and they informed me they'd just "had" a Pied Fly. They drifted off and I decided to hang around hoping it might re-appear...it did...right in front of me...


Sometimes they come to you.

This afternoon was spent down at Patrington Haven...

Shimmering Barley
Inadvertantly flushed a Little Egret from the pathside ditch...


Other highlights included baby Little Grebe...


...and Cuckoo...



Last day of Spring Birding for me tomorrow. So, up early and plenty of scanning...

Some beauties from the 3rd June...

Bridled Tern

Caspian Plover

Fox Sparrow

Myrtle Warbler

Mamora's Warbler

You never know?

No comments: