Saturday 22 December 2012

Deluge!

HAD to get out today to let some steam off. Weather diabolical but your intrepid blogger wasn't to be deterred. OK I did wimp out a bit by "hiding" at NDC...but I did get OUT!

Me thinks the water table is rather high at the moment. The farm fields in the Vale of York are like paddy fields. The scene at Bubwith Bridge was rather damp also...


The precipitation was unrelenting so the Geoff Smith hide was the only answer for us...

He's grown a bit since this pic but the pose is the same!
Visibility was very poor but at least I was OUT!

Highlights came in the form of a few groups of Whoopers...

Amazed at camera performance in heavy rain at 150yds!
Also some smart groups of Lapwings and a Barn Owl hunting around the car park...


Gave it till 1 then went for some lunch and made my way home. Took a snap of this seasonal character through a steamed up lens before I left ...

 

No comments: