Sunday 12 August 2012

Icterine Warbler


Spent a couple of hours down the peninsula this afternoon. Firstly, I made my way to Beacon Ponds to try for the WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER (P.137). Luckily I managed to find it pretty quickly plus the Curlew Sandpiper (P.138)...despite a strong wind and an over jealous photographer.

"The box" then alerted me to the fact that an Icterine Warbler (P.139) had been trapped at Kew and was to be released in 10 minutes...handy! I arrived just as the bird appeared with Paul Collins, or rather the bag did!

He produced it from the bag allowing the small admiring crowd to view and take their pics.

Back at Holmpton I hoped for a Pied Fly but alas not today.


N.B. A belated addition of Arctic (H.94, P140) and Common Tern (H.95, P141) to my year lists!

2 comments:

Andrew Kinghorn said...

Nice one Alan, I still have only ever seen 1 Icterine Warbler. Urgh, embarrassing or what?

Alan Whitehead said...

Plenty of time Andrew. Like I've said I've just lived longer!