Thursday 26 January 2012

500 UP!

Thought I'd mark this with a few shots from last summer's holiday to Colorado (let's face it there's not much around at the moment).

Below are some of my best images I managed of American mammals. Hope you like them...




Grizzly on Elk carcass watched by 4 Wolves on the river bank!


Was just leaving the resort of Estes Park when I saw this from my car window on a Motel lawn! This Elk was taller than me ...at the shoulder!!


This shot of a Mountain Goat was taken near the Summit of Mount Evans at approximately 13,000 feet...


Yellow-bellied Marmot next. This high altitude animal hibernates for all but the summer months!


Any resemblance to this lower altitude chappie?


That's it for now folks...don't like long posts! I'll post one more on this topic later in the week including a little American History that I took in...

No comments: