Tuesday 29 November 2011

On a brighter note

Whooper numbers are starting to build up now even though there's no water. They just graze at the far end of the reserve. I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it again...it never ceases to amaze me how they return here every year, remaining site faithful, despite the attractions of the WWT reserves. There were at least 18 present this afternoon. Bullfinches are ever present and at least 4 were seen around the feeding station.

High tides and strong winds have wreaked havoc at Spurn. Hope it's not the end of the road (no pun intended).

Looks like I've got it all to do in December to beat my NDC best year total...

Just received a text of Russell Slack. 3 Bewick's and 30 Bean Geese seen at NDC this afternoon. Unfortunately not during my visit. Hope they hang around...

No comments: