Sunday 5 June 2011

Lest we forget...

As we drift into June and the chances of a MEGA fade, I just thought I'd cheer us all up with a list of birds that have occured on the 6th June. I just hope I can make it after work!

Not seen
PALLAS'S SANDGROUSE - 1908 (amazingly 3 records on this date!)
TREE SWALLOW - 1990 (yes please!)
CITRIL FINCH - 2008

Seen these...but still special
IVORY GULL - 1931
SCOPS OWL - 1953, 1982
GREATER SAND PLOVER - 1999
BLACK LARK - 2003 (not first day but still present)
LITTLE SWIFT - 2004
WHITE-TAILED PLOVER - 2007

So...there's still hope!

3 comments:

James said...

Now you can add White-throated Robin!

Paul said...

Thanks Alan, you talked that one up today and I was able to go as soon as the news broke (makes a change!!).

Now can we just have that Tree Swallow, preferrably hawking over North Cave Wetlands!!

Alan Whitehead said...

Wish I was as good at predicting Lottery numbers chaps. Just got back. What a Bird!!!