Tuesday 5 April 2011

Brief visit

Brief visit tonight due to double Cup Final preparations at School and early departure to watch the Champions League. I decided to go down to Garganey hide to check out the Wheatear situation...there wasn't one. Jono Leadley texted me this morning telling me they were still present plus Blackcap. As I was scanning John Heaton entered the hide. We had a good chat and I pointed out the Black-tailed Godwits to him. I asked him if he had received my texts as I'd had no reply? Turned out the last digit was wrong...sorted now John. Thought I caught a snatch of Willow Warbler (as did John) but I wasn't totally convinced.
As I returned home for the match I received another text from Jono informing me he'd had an OSPREY over Wheldrake! Hopefully my turn will come...I think I'm due after 24 YEARS!!! Maybe I spend too much time in the hides?

No comments: