Friday 18 March 2011

Surprise Patch Lifer!

The Great Grey Shrike was reported again this morning so I was interested to see if it was still around. I was pleased to see my mate Vince again...it's been quite a while pal. No sign of the Shrike and Vince had been there since 11. It was nice to have a chat and catch up on things. We were joined by Elaine from the village and we informed her of the negative news. It was then that Vince mentioned that he had seen an EGYPTIAN GOOSE (78/Life 144) in the field by Garganey Hide! That was my cue to exit and shoot down there. The first goose I saw was the bird...


Water level are still dropping which has attracted more waders in the form of c15 Ruff, c50 Dunlin, c5 Golden Plover and 3 Oystercatchers. Forecast very good for tomorrow...

No comments: